Building a home will be one of the largest investments you make, so you want to make sure you find a great fit for your needs. When you are starting the process of looking at home builders, it’s normal to feel overwhelmed at times. Find a builder that you like and ask plenty of questions so that you are in a place of trust. A reputable builder will never turn away any of these types of questions and are happy to help you along the way! The questions need to go much deeper than “What does it cost?” Builders all do things differently. $250,000 for Builder A may included completely different items and finishes from Builder B. Ask questions. Land on a floor plan or design. And then trust in the builder that you chose and enjoy the finished product! See below some questions to get you started.
• How long have you been in business?
• Are you licensed and insured?
• What type of new home warranty do you offer?
• What standard finishes do your homes include?
• Am I able to make changes during the build?
• Does the community where you are building have a HOA?
• What is your inspection process like?
• How and when will I know the final price of my home?
• Will I have access to the home during the build?
• Is the lot cost included?
• How long does the build take?
• What type of warranties are provided with the home? How long do they last?
• Is landscaping included? If so, how much of it is included?
• What makes you different from other builders?
• Do you help or provide assistance with selecting the home’s finishes?
• What is your method of communication during the build?
Fill out a CUSTOMER WORKSHEET now if you are ready to get started!!